Sunday, November 23, 2014

The title of the blog came from the last line of a saccharine :) poem which I wrote in 2007. The poem goes:

FOR HER WHEREVER SHE MAY BE
-  NONILON V. QUEANO

The way she laughs and teases you is essential beauty
Like of a child’s giggling or of an angel’s hug,
A shower of daisies, poinsettias, wild roses,
A lay spinning in the head to early dawn,
And yet I wouldn’t know, how could I guess

The way she tilts her head compels you to near fall,
Some virtual play of ring-a-ring o’ roses
Perhaps a tightrope walk, or grand trapeze
Or simply her gliding about in arabesque
Ah, but how would I know, how could I ever guess

The way she winds around you is essential grip
Lightly, a zephyr playing or some piece of wind
And her fair arm as she breathes down your face
Entwining, caressing, holding you in thrall
The way a gust blows quietly before a squall

And all I can surmise is that there is a girl
Somewhere who flits around and flies and soars
The way of skies and seas, flowers, the sun and moon,
I know, though I set out to go and drift away
Still I’ll keep dreaming of her sometime, somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment